Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Histogram vs. Time tool

Histogram options of the software
    Last edited by kirejak; 09-24-2017, 06:49 PM.

Authenticating a forensics audio file is a probability game. Nothing is absolute. The condition that you describe is a hint in the direction of a potential edit. Other tools are used to elevate the degree of certainty regarding authentication. Nothing is ever 100 % conclusive. Note that many of the Diamond Cut Forensics features parameters can have their parameters sent to a spreadsheet for statistical analysis. One good example is the Waveform Statistics feature.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Another good tool to use with a situation as you describe are aberrations to the average vector angle as shown on the X-Y (Vector) display. Sudden changes to that value elevates suspicions of editing activity.

Craig

Comment

Does DC Fonresics version 10 has option to see the aberrations to the average vector angle? Can you send practical examples of this tool?

Comment

The X-Y Vector display plots one channel vs the other channel (in a two channel system). The instantaneous phase angle is shown in green while the average value is shown in red and also includes a digital readout of the average angle. The averaging time constant can be slow or fast which is your choice. Just bring up a stereo demo file (like the DSS demo) and then clone it. Then, modifiy (edit) one channel and notice the changes in the XY vector display average angle and you shall see what happens.

Craig

Comment

Working...
          X