60 Hz Buzz - spectral filter (gentle)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Hz Buzz - spectral filter (gentle)

Here's a preset that worked very well for me with some material that had a nasty buzz (harmonically rich hum). I developed it by taking a noiseprint, setting the tines to match the spikes in the noise print, re-running the revised filter on the original file, taking a noiseprint of that, etc. until the filter got rid of most of the hum. Then I went to the original material (music) to make sure it didn't have a discernible effect on it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-31-2019, 04:29 PM.
    Dan McDonald

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the posting and preset. I will experiment with it. I would call this "buzz" rather than hum. I tend to think of hum as the fundamental of the line frequency and perhaps a few harmonics thereof. Your situation involved harmonics all the way up the spectrum and I think that the term "buzz" distniguishes this sort of noise source.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

that's right. I should have called it hum (I think Dan means "buzz" so I edited his post here). Can you change the post title? It doesn't want me to do that.

Craig
      Last edited by Craig Maier; 01-23-2015, 05:18 PM.
      Dan McDonald

Comment

Hi Dan,

I was able to change the post title. Had to "Go Advanced" to do it (one of the options provided in the forum). Seems like that is the only place it can be change from.

Craig

Comment

Thanks Craig. Working on another file like that one now, so I'll see how well it can transfer to another situation.
          Dan McDonald

Comment

I'd like to convert to 50 Hz (Europe).
            What's the parameter syntax of the .pst file?

Jos
            Jos Van Dyck

Comment

I do not know for sure, but there are probably thousands of preset parameters in the DC Software. As far as I know, there is no formal support or list of each one and what it does except as comments within the source code of the software program itself. Nonetheless, I am trying to find out if anyone has ever compiled a list outside of the program. If they have, I will post it somewhere.

Craig
              Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-16-2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X