Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD-4 Quadradisc Requirements

Hey all,
    If any of you have some disctete 4 channel CD-4 discs and a CD-4 decoder and wish to do some multi-channel restorations, you may find this post very informative. Reciently while cleaning out some computer files, I ran across some very good (and very detailed) information concerning the requirements for high quality CD-4 playback. I don't remember where I got the info, but it originated from an engineer directly involved with the CD-4 project at RCA records! The information is a bit lengthy, so I am offering it as a WordPad attachment. Note: I had to construct this from 7 different (and very crude) NotePad documents - I hope I pieced them together in a usuable manner. Enjoy!

Note: To fit this attachment, I had to delete my attachment "The Great Cartridge Competition" that I posted in July of 2005 - Anyone who wishes a copy of that, you will have to send me a private note. Craig, it would be nice if we could get a little more than the 50k allowed for attachments. It's not even enought for a good quality picture! Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hi DJ,

I do not understand why you had to delete that article. That was on a different thread, right? Please advise. If there is a problem with the system, we will try to fix it. But one thread should not interact with another in terms of storage allocation.

Try to repost the cartridge article. If it does not post, send it to me and I will try to post it.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Originally posted by DJBohn
      ...it would be nice if we could get a little more than the 50k allowed for attachments. It's not even enought for a good quality picture! Thanks!
      Your point is well taken. However, inasmuch as this BB doesn't place attachments in-line, perhaps it makes sense to zip them before posting. Depending on what they are, that can save a lot of space.

HB

Comment

Hi Craig,
        My 50k attachment limit was not only connected to that other thread, it is also connected to the 2k preset post I have for "Additional 78 Speeds". When I tried to upload this attachment, it listed those other 2 attachments & told me I had to delete something because I was 14. something k over my attachment limitation. (???) I could dig out that other attachment & send it to you or wait and see what you can do with the site - up to you. Thanks!

Comment

Sorry,

We must have something set incorrectly on this bbs/forum software. I will look into it. There should be limits set, but they should not be a total by subscriber, but by a max per posting. It seems that the system may be calculating a limit based on total that a subscriber has ever posted, which was not intended.

Thanks for your patience while we investigate this.
          "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
          X