Worldwide Power Line Voltage and Frequency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worldwide Power Line Voltage and Frequency

A question has come up concerning the Worldwide Power Line Frequencies. Power Line Frequency and Voltage can be found at the following link and is a Diamond Cut application note that you can download:

http://www.diamondcut.com/AppNotes/PowerLineFreq.htm

It is useful in identifying the countries in which forensics recordings are alleged to have been made. It is also useful in determining if any dubs had been made along the way.

Craig

Keywords: international power line frequencies, worldwide power line frequency, international mains frequencies, mains frequency, mains frequency by country, worldwide power line voltage, worldwide power line frequency, power frequency, line frequency by country, hum frequency by country, worldwide hum, worldwide buzz, buzz by country
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-05-2013, 11:12 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Unusual.

HI to all ...in some parts of Australia because of the distances the voltage varies ..from 275 volts ac...to 175 volts ac...mostly in rural.....Western - Australia were they have single line delivery with transformer stepup at delivery point the electrical -products dont last long out there ?????.murray.

Comment

Hi,

Wow! That is a huge range of Voltage for equipment to tolerate. In the US, the specification is 120 +6 / - 10 percent meaning that it must be between 108 and 127 VAC. It is much easier to design equipment to tolerate that range than the one in rural Australia.

If I did the math right, the nominal is 225 VAC with a tolerance of +/- 22 percent! Ouch.

Craig
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
      X