The original CD Database (FreeDB.org) that Diamond Cut Productions and many others had been using for years was shut down in March of 2020. Luckily a new site has been put up to take over, called Gnudb.org.
Here are the instructions to update your CDDB settings to access the new site.
If you have DCart10.7 and are having trouble accessing CDDB, the easiest way is to apply the registry patch available for download here and follow these instructions:
- Download the registry path file to your Downloads directory.
- Close down DCart if it is running.
- Unzip the file. You should get a file called CDDBFix.reg
- Double Click on CDDBFix.reg to install the patch.
- It will give you a warning that the file is modifying the registry and they should say OK to let it make the changes. (If you are in doubt about the file contents, you can inspect it with a text editor)
- Re-open DCart and take a look at the CDDB preferences setup. It should look like this:
This patch should work for everybody with version DCart10.7
If you have DCForensics10.7, follow the same procedure as above, but download and use this file instead.