Enhanced Edison Acoustic Disc Volume One
These songs were recorded at the Edison Recording Studio in New York City without any use of electronics. All songs were recorded using solely the acoustic power from the artists instruments and voices. When these Diamond Disc Records were bought in the record stores, they were in-turn played on Edison Phonographs that used the motion of the groove and mechanical means to playback the music. These early mechanical recording and playback technologies, while providing a pleasant sound, did not reproduce many of the low and high music notes that were present in the recording studio. With the advent of powerful Digital Software running on today’s high-performance computers the missing frequencies from the music can be restored to the song.
Available only as a downloadable zip file in Flac file format.
- Chick, Chick, Chick, Chicken – Earl Oliver’s Jazz Babies
- Mary Lou – Duke Yellman & His Orch.
- Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue – Golden Gate Orch.
- A Bunch of Blues – Original Memphis Five
- Yearning (Just For You) – Billy Wynne’s Greenwich Orchestra
- Yes! We Have No Bananas – Green Brothers’ Novelty Orch.
- Haunting Blues – Broadway Dance Orch.
- Charleston – Golden Gate Orchestra
- Mamie – Frank Silver’s Dance Orchestra
- Song of Shanghai – Duke Yellman & His Orch.
- Why Did I Kiss That Girl? – Tommy Monaco’s Orchestra
- The Sunshine Always Shines For Me – The Merry Sparklers
- I Love The College Girls – Earl Oliver’s Jazz Babies
- Dew-Dew-Dewy Day – Clyde Doerr & Orch.
- Collegiate – Golden Gate Orchestra
- Sweet Georgia Brown – Tennessee Happy Boys