Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geebster
    Guest replied
    If you wouldn't mind, Craig, I would like to know the resolution to this problem when it is resolved.... and it might help others in the group as well.

GB

Leave a comment:

• Craig Maier
    replied
    J -

I suspect that there is something wrong with your hardware set-up. Please give us a call so that we can figure out what your system set-up problem is.

Thanks,

Craig Maier / Diamond Cut Productions, Inc.

Tel: 973-316-9111

ps - When the setup is correct, clean-up is very easy using the following steps and the EZ Clean Filter in either Mentor or DC6: (These steps are done using the Preview Mode)

1. Put all control to their lowest setting (towards the right)

2. Move the top control (Scratch) upwards until the large clicks are eliminated without distortion. (usually occurs around a setting of 75)

3. Move the middle control (Crackle) upwards until the crackle are attenuated without distortion. (usually occurs around a setting of 65)

4. Move the bottom control (Hiss) upwards until the residual surface noise is attenuated, but not artifacting. (usually occurs around a setting of 30)

5. Run the Filter
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 01-01-2007, 06:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Geebster
    Guest replied
    DC6 and DC Audio Mentor are not mutually exclusive. Sometimes I use just DC 6 in my restorations, sometimes just Mentor; other times I use a combination of the two. They compliment each other.

I can't recall a single instance where DC6 and/or Mentor didn't improve the sonics of a particular disc, even badly damaged ones. Just like any software program there will be some learning involved to get the results you desire.

I've tried all of the so-called restoration software out there and NOTHING can touch the Diamond Cut Family of restoration products... case closed. And no one is MORE concerned about helping you get the results you desire than Diamond Cut.

And like Cromag said, once you find a series of filters/enhancers that work, you will be able to use these settings on 75 percent or more of the discs/tapes/cylinders that you have.

What type of recordings are you trying to restore and why are you not happy with the results you are getting? We are a friendly bunch here. Most will try to help you get the results you want.

GB

Leave a comment:

• cromag
    replied
    J --

Sounds like I'm doing the same thing you're doing, except in addition to my own collection of LPs I've been haunting Thrift stores and a used record store. I've been loading up on LPs, mostly in the 25 to 75 cent range, and I'm very happy with the results. I am pretty critical about buying records in good shape, but at less than a buck apiece, they're not collector quality.

It did take me several months before I was turning out CDs that I was really proud of -- DC6 has a steep learning curve -- but again, I'm happy. About 75% of the LPs I do have essentially the same filter sequence, with maybe a few tweaks.

I hate to see someone whose not enjoying something that I like. How are you physically cleaning the LPs before you record them? Have you posted your filter sequences/settings anywhere for comment or comparison?

Anyway, good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Lord Theo
    replied
    The improvement over DC6's EZ clean is VERY discernible....now using Mentor for cleaning, then ADV to DC6 for the rest.

Leave a comment:

• Craig Maier
    replied
    That is good to learn, because we spent a considerable amount of time developing new techniques and technology in that domain. You see, when you are trying to develop new mathematical techniques, it is impossible to "hurry up and and have a breakthrough", no matter how hard one tries despite the tightness of a product introduction schedule. We were hoping that the results of those efforts would be discernable to the user base.

And, of course, we are continuing to improve all of the algorithms and routines that are used in the Diamond Cut product family.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-21-2006, 07:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dan McDonald
    replied
    And I'd just add that I think it is considerably more effective.

Leave a comment:

• Mentor De-Noiser More Sophisticated than DC6 EZ Clean

It is worth mentioning that the DC Audio Mentor adaptive noise reduction system for Scratch, Crackle and Hiss is more sophisticated than the EZ Clean filter found in the DC6 product. You should find that the Mentor version is more effective.

This improvement in Noise Reduction technology will be incorporated into the DC7 EZ Clean filter when that product is released. So, at this point in time, Mentor compliments the DC6 product in that regard (adaptive noise reduction technology).
Working...
X