• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ez clean filter

Hello
    i have the DC six version 6.14
    i want to inquire about the ez clean filter,here are the inquiries:
    1.the audio in some songs was virtually supressed when i applied the filter,i found most of the audio in the [keep residue],this happened gradually 40 seconds after running the song,what is the explanation for that error?this happened in particular with a certain song.[timida serenata by Gino Latilla & Carla boni from Sanremo festival of Italy in 1958] the song was originally on a 78rpm but i aquired it as a highly compressed mp3 of only[800 kilobytes]
    2.when a song is cleaned by that filter,the first 30 seconds remain with hiss,why does this phenomena happens
    3.although i unchecked the auto save of default settings from the preferences as you told me,the default settings does not return except when i un install the program and re install it again,i did this process 20 times till now since i got the program .
    4.How can i clean the audio of a song that i recorded on tape by an external low quality mike from the TV in 1976 and now i transferred it to my computer as a wav format file,the sound appears full of distorted echos and noise and generally indistiguishable,the ez clean did not offer a solution nor the wall brick filter,as both seemed to supress more audio,leaving the original one more good,i need your help please.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-01-2019, 09:02 PM.

Hi Carol -

Start with the settings at 0 and move them up from there; at 50 (where it is set to start) it sounds like the filter is taking too much out. You want to move it up until it sounds about right to you. Move it slowly in preview so that you get an idea of what's right. After I get it where I want it, I move it back down a bit because I hate to hear artifacts after the fact, and you don't always catch them in preview.

The first seconds are hissy because the filter works dynamically. To get around the problem, you can copy the first 30 seconds and paste it onto the front of the file, then chop it off after the file is cleaned.

Alternatively, you can just copy the whole file and past it in front so that there is double the file to work with. Then get rid of the first copy after it's cleaned.

If you don't like doing that, the CNF filter works well if you have a few seconds to sample.

Dan
    Dan McDonald

Comment

ez clean filter

Thank you very much,I will do what you advised me to perform

Comment

Working...
      X