Copy a segment of one recording for use in a second recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy a segment of one recording for use in a second recording

I want to copy a segment in one recording and use it in another. The way I read the instructions on COPY, you can only paste it to some place in the same recording.

I am not 100% sure on this, but I think that you can do that. I am pretty sure that I have done that myself. Give it a try.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Yes - you can paste it anywhere you want.
      Dan McDonald

Comment

Hi Dan,

I can get to the point where I right click to copy (and I can hear the PC copying it), but I can't figure out where and how to Paste it. I have tried to open up a new playlist to put it in there, but it won't Paste.

I think I need two projects running at once for it to work. It won't carry over after I close one recording and open the other.

How to set it up to go to the second recording?

Comment

Hi,

Highlight and Copy the portion of the first wavefile that you want to the clipboard.

Bring up the second wavefile using the Open command and it should appear in the source display window.

Then, paste from the clipboard that portion of the file into the second file with one of the commands available to you depending on what you wish. As I recall there are around 8to 10 pasting options which will show themselves to you after you click "Paste".
          "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I worked!!

I cannot think of any other software (or any other product, for that matter) where a person can get such quick and excellent help.

Thank you.

Comment

Highlight an area, Do a copy. then up under the edit tab there is a paste. In that option there is a paste as new. Use that option and it will create a new file with just the copied information.

Comment

Wow!!

That makes it even simpler.

Me happy. Very.

Comment

Working...
                X