Presets disappeared from all filter menus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presets disappeared from all filter menus

Well I received a fine birthday present. I booted up the pc, opened 7.15, opened a file, opened the 10-band eq...no presets at all...and no presets in any other filter's menu...all display only "default". I went to DC7 directory and all preset folders are there and so are the preset files including custom presets. A shut down and complete start up did not cure the problem. I used DC7 last week with no problem and the pc had no changes...it's not connected to the internet. The OS is XP Home with no service packs. Sound card is M-Audio. Everything else in 7.15 seems to be fine and it still opened mp3's. Help!

Thanks.

-Danny
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-07-2019, 04:19 PM.
    Danny Gilbert

Hi,

What was the birthday present? Was it a new pc? I am just trying to figure out what is different in your system. In general, it does sound like something is corrupted. Perhaps an uninstall of DC7 followed by a re-install might fix it?

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

No new hardware, Craig. I was just hoping to avoid a re-install and saving my custom presets which I'm going to move to a desktop folder then move them back into their respective directories after re-install...I assume that would work. I guess something became corrupted when I first open 7.15 yesterday. Thanks again and Happy New Year!

-Danny
      Danny Gilbert

Comment

Hi,

That sounds like a good plan. Let us know how it goes.

Happy New Year!

Craig

Comment

Well I found the 7.15 installer on my hd, then copied my custom presets into several folders on desktop, then decided to try a dirty re-install...clicked on installer and was offered a choice of repair or install...selected repair...voila! All presets are back...only item I had to change was back to classic mode. What a product!

-Danny
          Danny Gilbert

Comment

Hey, that was pretty easy. Glad to hear that it restored itself easily.

Craig

Comment

Quick question -- is there a way to "back-up" presets to a CD or external hard drive?

Comment

Hi,

Sure - - - it is a file folder called "Presets" found under the Diamond Cut DC7 Program Folder. (C\Program Files\Diamond Cut\DC7\Presets)

Craig

Comment

Working...
                X