Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optimum settings for recording LPs with further editing (sample rate and bit depth)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group,

When I was cleaning up a bunch of 78 records, I used a similar method.

First I removed the RIAA curve from the music (I still do not have a flat preamp...anyone want to make a donation ?). Then I did all of the signal cleanup. At the end of the multifilter, I put back the curve for the 78.

I didn't perform all the tests that we have done for the LP's...but my method seemed to work pretty darn good. I believe that the "extra" high frequency info helps the filters.

Marc

Comment

• As a follow up to earlier test data.

I checked out my new computer with the "Realtek" sound card. Much better performance than my last one !

For the Realtek at 96 kHz sampling, the frequency response is flat to a little past 45 Khz.
      At 48 KHz, it's flat to a little past 20 kHz.

Looks like the specs make sense. Now, where did I put those Ultrasonic signals.......

Marc

Comment

• Hi Marc,

"Now, where did I put those Ultrasonic signals......."

You may have to re-transfer the records to get them back. The restorations may benefit from the added bandwidth of your new soundcard.

Craig
        Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-21-2014, 08:16 PM.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X