Playing one of several open files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing one of several open files

I'm having a baffling problem with DC Millennium. I don't know whether this is a bug or a misunderstanding.

I have prepared 10 versions of a short passage of music with different filtering parameters. I want to perform a side-by-side comparison to decide which one does the most effective filtering without noticeably degrading sound quality.

My plan was to load all ten into DC Millennium, then select and play the unfiltered file, then the file with the least filtering, than the unfiltered file again, then the second least filtered file, and so forth. The Tile command spread the files around the main window conveniently.

The comparison isn't working. It seems to me that DC Millennium should play a file when I select the file, reset the play point if necessary, and click Play. It isn't working. When I re-select a file I have played before, the program often ignores my selection. That is, the selected file's window title bar is highlighted, and the Window menu shows that it is selected, but when I click the Play button, DC Millennium continues playing the file that was selected before.

How can I select a file among several open files and then play it?
Working...
X