DCart10 Speech Wind Noise Filter is GREAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCart10 Speech Wind Noise Filter is GREAT

Just tried rhe new Speech Wind Noise Filter on a recording of a mockingbird. The results were excellent.
    The birds tones were almost beyond recognition before running the filter. After running it, you would have thought he was in the room with you!!!
    Thanks Guys!!!!!
    D
    Dub: to mix (recorded sound or videotape from different sources) into a single recording

You are welcome. That took a lot of work. It is not a simple algorithm - - - it has a lot of smarts therein. Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Hi Craig

Well, it works great with the few Bird songs I have run it on so far. Nothing else I have tried does as good a job.

Cornell University has a great Bioacoustics program.
      http://www.birds.cornell.edu/brp/
      Recording birds and other animals to determine how exactly they communicate (Bioacoustics) is a very complex field
      The subtle nuances of a birds song are sometimes key to understanding their behavior. This filter will provide a perfect way to get a clean recording in a windy environment..

It will also be a boon to anybody who records outside and needs to remove the wind noise. A friend of mind does wedding videos. Wind noise is often a problem for her during outside ceremonies.

D
      Dub: to mix (recorded sound or videotape from different sources) into a single recording

Comment

Can you send a nice noisy sample of the file to Rick to include as a demo file? His email is rickc@diamondcut.com. Maybe, copy me, but I am having a great deal of difficulty now with bad wifi at a hotel.

Craig

Comment

My email is craig@diamondcut.com

Comment

Will do Craig. I'm traveling right now without those files. Will send it when I return in a few days.
            D

Comment

That's good; we are also on vacation right now too, so when you get a chance would be fine.

Craig

Comment

Working...
              X