Dynamic Bass Processor (Dyna Bass) in DCArt10.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Bass Processor (Dyna Bass) in DCArt10.6

DCArt10.6 includes a new Dynamic Bass Processor (Dyna Bass) which elevates the good bass above the random noise such as turntable rumble or low frequency record surface noise or HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioner), noise in live recordings. Here is an application note (AN-22) that describes this new feature found under the effects menu:

http://www.diamondcut.com/AppNotes/A...0Processor.pdf

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 12-18-2019, 03:24 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

When I use the tool I can get a loud "thump" at the beginning. Picture below. How to avoid this ?

Marc
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	54447

Comment

That is the system control loops initializing themselves. You can eliminate it after you are done using it by 'muting' that section of the tune.

Craig

Comment

Craig,

O.K. That makes sense. By the way, this software tool is very good at removing the "grinding" noise on Diamond Disc records.

Marc

Comment

I am familiar with that "grinding noise" found on Edson Diamond Disc" records. We did not realize that it would be effective on that noise, but it does make sense since that noise is in the range of freqencies associated with the Dynamic Bass Processor.

Comment

Working...
          X