Right Click Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Click Crash

I've been meaning to report this, but am finally getting around to it. This has been ongoing in all versions of DCArt10 I've used and happens intermittently and I've just worked around it, but reporting it now. Don't know if anyone else has experienced this.

I'm working on a project file (I work in classic mode exclusively). I often use right click context-sensitive menu on the waveform, usually to create a marker. Every so often (there does not seem to be rhyme nor reason to the time between events), I right click and DCArt just hangs for a few seconds, then closes itself, then re-opens itself, and then closes itself. At that point, I can re-open DCArt and can continue working with it (although I have to reload the file I was working on).

The only thing that has crashed DCArt has been right-clicking on the waveform. Sometimes it can happen after a few minutes; other times, I can go hours working on files with no problems.

Just thought you should know. If there is anything I can do to trouble shoot it, please let me know.
    John

Hi - did not know about this bug. I simply drop markers via the "M" key on the keyboard. Very easy to use. Have you tried that maneuver? It may be useful until we re-produce the bug and then try to isolate it for the next release.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I just added 51 markers to the vertical cut demo file (skies of Normandy). I used the right mouse button, but no crashing occurred. This may be very difficult to be duplicated and therefore fixed.

Craig
      Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-28-2021, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Understand, Craig, but wanted to report it. I can certainly use the M key, but it will be slow at first since my muscle memory is to use the right click.

My experience is that I can go for minutes, or days, or even weeks, but it eventually happens. I've also found, interestingly, that it seems to have happened less if I left click first and then right click., if that helps any. But it will eventually happen.

John

Comment

The update from DCArt10.71 to DCArt10.75 is free. Uninstall 10.71 and install the demo found version of 10.75 and see what happens. It was compiled on a different compiler than 10.71. That process will pick up your registration automatically. 10.75 is found at this link: https://www.diamondcut.com/st3/produ...n-tools-10-62/

Craig

ps this sounds like a case of a corrupted file - - - it happens.
          Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-23-2021, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X