Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the filters and effects applied to audio files be viewed after the file is saved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the filters and effects applied to audio files be viewed after the file is saved

I have had great success in using DCart 10.8 for restoring my 78 rpm collection. Unfortunately, I have not done a good job of documenting the filters and effects I have applied to the recorded audio files.
    Is there a way to view all the applied enhancements to the audio after the file is saved.

Thanks for any assistance.

Bob W.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 01-11-2023, 11:45 AM.

There are two ways to do that. First, is the use of classic edit mode, each step in the process can be saved as it's own unique .wav file (this is what the forensics users do). If you use Fast Edit mode (FE icon) a .ses file is created each time a change is made to the file on which you are working. So, you end up with a history of your restoration that way. For the most comprehensive history of a restoration, use Classic Edit mode.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

As stated by Craig, the results of the filters can be saved, however, to save what you did, written notes are needed to document what you did.

I have a notebook that I have used since I bought the diamond cut software. Many pages of info.

Marc

Comment

The way that I do it is in Classic Edit Mode. After each process, I use the command under the file menu titled "Make Destination the Source". As part of the new file name, I insert the process that was used and what preset I had created for it. I guess that there are many ways to do it, but that is my method. I believe that Rick uses FE mode and the .ses file preserves the filters and their settings that way.

Comment

Thank you all so much. I have already saved the destination file and was hoping I could retrieve the filter data after the fact. Does the pkf files that were generated along with the wav files perhaps contain that data. I am using the Classic Edit mode.

Marc, I received your manual and have already learned a great deal. Thanks so much for all your hard work.

Bob W

Comment

If you use Broadcast Wave instead or plain Wave, you can embed more information into the file header. Another method of editing is via the multifilter. Some people do all their editing there and then just save the complex preset at the end of the editing process as a multifilter preset. That way, all the filters and their settings are shown and saved parametrically as well as graphically for future reference.

Craig.
            Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-11-2022, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Thank you, Craig. I can not thank you enough for your advice as well as all the contributors here. Another data point to put in my restoration notebook which will be much more detailed as my restorations continue.

Bob W

Comment

Working...
              X