DCART 10.8 unstable in Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCART 10.8 unstable in Windows 10

I have run into some strange occurrences when using the new update, from 10.7 to 10.8. When using 10.8 the volume change function and other filter functions stop working. I click the button for it to modify the file, but nothing happens. If I close and reopen the program it will function again, but eventually it stops. Really weird. Anyone else seeing this? If anyone else is seeing this, please call us at 973-316-9111.
    Last edited by gord@tappsnotes.net; 12-01-2022, 10:23 AM. Reason: Temporary fix. Running in compatibility mode for Windows 7. So far so good.

This is the only report thus far of this other than users with very (like 10 year old systems or older). I think you may have a corrupted file or an old system. Uninstall what you have and download this demo version:

https://www.diamondcut.com/st3/produ...n-tools-10-62/
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 11-29-2022, 08:00 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

The root-cause of this problem turned out to be windows 10 attempting to run Diamond Cut version 10,8x Software on a 12 year old machine.

Craig

Comment

I wonder what specific feature of an old system was the problem? Maybe hard to tell.

I have an old machine around 10 years old that works O.K. with Diamond Cut products and uses windows 10. The machine does have a large RAM (16 M Bytes).

Marc

Comment

Marc,

I do not know, but I suspect after chatting on the phone with the customer that the various hardware drivers are dated. It is probably possible to fix those but it's not an easy task.

Craig

Comment

Working...
          X