Trouble Running Multi-Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Running Multi-Filter

Lately, I've been mostly doing recordings of my dad's extensive record collection (of which I am now in possession, since he and my mom moved into assisted living). I went to start filtering some of the recordings, and I've got a multi-filter set up (created awhile back) and saved as a user preset). When I run the multi-filter, Diamond Cut just sits there for a few seconds, and then just closes down and no filtering happens. This happens on both my Windows 10 desktop and my Windows 11 laptop computer. If I run the filters individually, it works fine. I work in classic mode and I'm using version 10.81. It doesn't matter whether I run one of the presets I saved or one of the stock multi-filters that comes with the program. Any ideas what might be causing the program to crash when using multi-filters?
    John

One thing that comes to mind is the number of filters in your preset. There will be a limit depending on the cpu capability. Otherwise, I would run a test. I would remove one filter at a time and find out at what number of filters the system holds together. btw - it sounds like it used to work, so what has changed? Maybe you have a bad or corrupted download of the software. It is worth trying to uninstall the program from one of the machines and then re-install it from our website www.diamondcut.com

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I'll try re-installing. The filter chain is just three item - the EZImpulse filter, the Continuous Noise filter, and the EZ-Enhancer. I'll try re-installing the software, since it was installed on both machines from the same source installer. In January, I did re-install Windows on both computers, so it's a relatively fresh install of Diamond Cut at that point. I'll also try reducing the number of filters, but again, I do know in the past it worked great with the three filters (and I have another one that I believe has four filters, which used to work also). I'll try recreating the filter chain from scratch also, in case there's something there as well.
      John

Comment

Craig -

I downloaded DCArt from the main web site (in the downloads section). What I found was it downloads version 10.80, which is the version for which I reported that the "Timer Record" feature didn't work and you fixed it with version 10.81.

Version 10.80 reverts to the timer record feature not working, but the multi-filter does work. It appears to be in version 10.81 that the timer record feature works fine, but the multi-filter doesn't. I don't see version 10.81 on the website, so am unable to download a fresh copy.
        John

Comment

More details...I found the version 10.81 link in the thread where I discussed "timer record" not working. I re-installed 10.81 and now timer record works again, but the multi-filter doesn't. Seems to be something in the 10.81 release.

And separately, I'm looking forward to when ASIO becomes available, as the ASIO driver for my Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD sound unit work works rock solid.
          John

Comment

I recall the issue with the timer recorder and it was fixed as a stand alone problem. However, I do not believe it ever went through the alpha/beta test process, so I am surprised that it is even on the homepage. Testing software takes quite a long time and effort, so that would explain the issue. We are still working on 10.81 and have been for around 6 months now and we still are not done with that project.

Craig

Comment

Version 10.81 isn't on the home page (only 10.80). A link to download 10.81, however, is in the thread where we discussed the timer issue. For now, I have 10.81 on my desktop (which is chugging through getting all my dad's records recorded first, before then later filtering them), but I retrograde to 10.81 on my laptop, so I can use the multi-filters when I need to. I can wait for the final 10.81, but multi-filter is probably something to look into during the alpha/beta testing process.
              John

Comment

Yes, I agree. There are many things that need to be checked as we move towards a real release of 10.81. It is a very complex system this point in time so there are almost an unlimited number of permutations that needs to be analyzed (regression analysis / testing).
                Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-03-2023, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I see the same problem with version 10.81 crashing, even with one filter in the multifilter box.

Version 10.8 runs O.K. with all of my multifilters.

Most of my work is with the Forensics version, which works fine.

I am using Windows 11.
                  Marc
                  Last edited by Marc Hildebrant; 05-05-2023, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Version(s) 10.81 have been in development since around December of 2022. It is in Alpha phase testing and still has issues that need to be resolved. We'll get there, but we do not release it when there are still known bugs like the interference between the multifilter and the timer recording function. There are other issues besides those that we are working on.

Comment

I'm patient and look forward to the new version when it comes out. With a combination of 10.8 and 10.81, for now, I can get everything done that I need to.
                      John

Comment

We're still working on a final release of a version with those fixes included therein.

Comment

sus4chord,

With regard to the problem, you are seeing...On my system (windows 11), the timer and multifilter work O.K. for version 10.80. Could you explain more about the problem?

Results are with DCart 10.80 and DC Forensics 10.80

Marc

Edited for clarity
                          Last edited by Marc Hildebrant; 06-14-2023, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Is it on DCArt10.8 or DCForensics10.8 (or a hybrid of one of those and another one)

Comment

Working...
                            X