Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange error message

greetings,

i'm currently working on a large project of cleaning up 30yrs worth of a friend's original music and guess what I'm using? i just received v3.11 today.

i'd been working on the first selection, when the beginning marker was just hanging and vibrating slowly, either source or destination). this was after about 10 min. into the session.

when i tried to execute 'play' from the menu or icon bar, i got this dialog box titled 'wave open device' :

"this function is not supported. use the capabilities function to determine which functions and messages the driver supports.

under my device i/o, the output device looks like \|G (where | is more of a black bar than pipe symbol). i think it was orginally 'audio pci' that matched the recording device.

the ini file looks ok, but i don't know where this device setting is located.

i'm running nt 4.0 /w sp5, p3-450, 128mb ram, 14 gb hd. no other apps running -i dedicate to one job at a time.

i'm going to reboot and see if that clears the problem, but i didn't do anything to provoke this behavior from the program. looking forward to getting some good use from this product.

my registration card is in the mail tomorrow morning -i can email my s/n if you prefer.

and lower-case typing is a habit of mine.

thanks,

david gourley
    north wake consulting
    wake forest, nc
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 08-18-2019, 09:58 AM.
Working...
X