Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

File Access Permission Denied Error Message with "Bitdefender" security software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Access Permission Denied Error Message with "Bitdefender" security software

At times, the error message that "file access permission denied" has been observed by some Diamond Cut Productions users when trying to open audio files. This mysterious error message has been solved. Access to those music files can be blocked by "Bitdefender" security software. In the Safe Files section of the security software, the default is to block file access to the DC10 application(S). Once you changed that setting, everything in the DC10 application works as it should. We do not know why that program does that; we have inquired about it with no response from their support desk.

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 12-13-2017, 06:57 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

For serious audio production work, it is recommended to use a dedicated PC with only the needed software, no internet, no virus and other scanners or background applications which delay the system, with interstitial errors as possible consequence.

Jos
    Jos Van Dyck

Comment

Jos,

Yes, I agree. In my soundlab here, the PC is only used for Audio; there is no internet connection and no anti-virus software thereon. I think that all professional studios and audio laboratories follow that same paradigm. Certainly, all Government Forensics users (like the FBI, CIA, FAA, etc) used dedicated and isolated machines (DAWs) for their audio work.

Craig
      Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-04-2018, 05:55 PM.

Comment

But whatever can be said it is Bitdefender's bug. What is strange audio files are not dangereous from the security point of view.

Comment

Bitdefender still has not responded to our inquiry. I guess that they do not think it is important?

Craig
          Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-12-2018, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I can only guess next version should correct this bug as it seems to be the problem on the core level. I only hope it is on the to do list.

Comment

Yes. I think that we have done all that we can do about it.

Craig

Comment

It's been reported that Webroot also seems to block .wav files for some unknown reason. If you are using that anti-virus software you will have to add .wav to the protected list.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                X