Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combine Versions ?

Group,

Just an idea...can the versions of the forum that deal with different versions of DC software be combined together ? Often, a technique was discussed for version 8.5 that can also be used in DCart10 and without searching all posts, you may miss a noise reduction method that can work for you.

Many techniques work across various versions and at times, we seem to "re-invent" them.

Marc

I am not sure, but if you search from the top level of the forum, is it possible that it will pick up the searched upon item on a global basis? It might be worth trying that.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Sure Craig but please consider if any user is not english native (like me ) finding a correct english word for searching is not always obvious so maybe Marc's suggestion can be worth to try?
      Just my cents.

Comment

Not sure how much we can do with this forum software. We payed for it but did not write it, so we get what they provide to us to work with. But, we can look into the settings that it may have as options.

Craig

Comment

If I am not mistaken it works based on vBulletin what is rather flexible software if my memory serves me well so I guess there are some chances.

Comment

Yes, it is vBulletin. But, you need to see the control panel to understand the problem. If you can see the control panel, we are open to suggestions as to how to change it to improve it. We are unsure.

Craig

Comment

Last time I have managed vBulletin was years ago so I can't be too much helpful but if I'm not mistaken someday I've had similar problem and I have created new subforum and imported two others to have them joined. Of course backup first
              Anyway I guess the best what can be done is asking autors of this software.

Comment

Rick has looked at it and it is a very confusing control panel to figure out. I guess we would have to ask the author, as you suggest.

Craig

Comment

I went through about half of the posts on the forum and assigned tags to them by subject. If you use the advanced search option and search based on 'tags' you may find it easier to located your topic of interest without regard to the Diamond Cut Software version that you are using.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                  X