Phono Cartridge Presets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phono Cartridge Presets

I was thinking the preset forum could benefit with the addition of other phonograph cartridges folks out there may be using for their restorations.

I have 2 decent cartridges I would like to add to the list, that I am using with the Tracer flat preamp. Both have 78 tips available. I have a Grado Prestige Gold3, and an Ortofon 2M Blue.

I have a new Hi-Fi News Analog Test LP, but I don't have an EQ modeling program. I would be willing to send someone out there a high resolution recording on a zip drive if they have the ability to do this for the site.

The Virtual Phono Preamp software routine assumes an "ideal" phono cartridge transfer characteristic. It can be modified by placing it in the multifilter with the para-graphic EQ in series with it (two filters in the chain). You can send me a sample of your cartridge (flat response used) and the Hi-Fi News recording. Specify the track name used. I will try to straighten it out using the multifilter per the mentioned mechanism. Random Noise is preferred for me to use.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 12-12-2020, 07:27 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I forgot to provide my personal email addy. It is dctools@aol.com

Comment

The Hi Fi News test record has a pink noise track; the would work fine for me to make the correction.

Craig

Comment

Hi - I sent the correction factor to you via email. It involved the use of the Paragraphic EQ and did straighten out a kink at the top-end.

Craig

ps - I will also try to post in on the presets sharing section of this forum.

Comment

The graphs and paragraphic compensator can be found here: https://www.diamondcut.com/vforum/fo...ge-compensator

Comment

Working...
            X