Additional Virtual Phono Preamplifier EQs for Pre-1954 LPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional Virtual Phono Preamplifier EQs for Pre-1954 LPs

Attached are a set of 44 presets that you can use for the transfer of Pre-1954 vinyl LP records. They are arranged by record label and each one has a tilda (~) as the leading character in the string so as to separate these presets from the rest of your VPA presets (it moves them as an entire grouping to the top of the presets listing). Use these presets in your Diamond Cut Virtual Phono Preamplifier in order to achieve more precision when working with uncommon record labels that were mastered during that early LP time period before the industry standardized on the RIAA curve.

These settings are to be used for transfers using an RIAA phono preamplifier as your hardware front - end. The presets correct for the deviation from the RIAA standard found in your RIAA preamplifier to the Equalization used by numerous record labels.

Note: These presets were created from data that I found in the "Manual of Instructions" for an Eico HF 20 High Fidelity Amplifier. My father built this amplifier from a kit back in 1957 and I inherited it along with the manual. Aside from having to replace one electrolytic capacitor (the main "bulk rail" cap) the unit still seems to work fine. I wonder if this computer that I am typing on will still be working 52 years from now.

Note: To use these new presets with a flat preamp, just change the VPA "Preamp Hardware" selection from "Standard RIAA Preamp" to "Flat Preamp".
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-31-2019, 05:04 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield
Working...
X