AudioMentor doesn't open files with outside editors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AudioMentor doesn't open files with outside editors

I've tried defining 3 different outside editors as my editor: xxxx, yyyy, and zzzz. All three of them work fine on their own and open wav files.

However, AudioMentor doesn't succeed in opening a file with any of them. It opens the outside editor and each of them reports failure in opening the wav file. Again, each of them does succeed in opening the same wav file when operated on its own.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-17-2006, 04:00 PM.

Does DC Audio Mentor open files created by the mentioned editors? And visa versa - - - do the other editors open the files created by Mentor?

I am not sure if Mentor will share files concurrently with those other programs up and running. It was designed to launch other Diamond Cut editors, however, like DC6 or Live6/Forensics.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-17-2006, 04:02 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

acc'd to the menus, yes

Hi-
      In the menus it gives you the opportunity to define your editor. In my mind that means it should work with other editors.

Danny

Comment

That may be, but we have never tested Mentor with other manufacturers editors and, at the same time, Diamond Cut Productions offers a plurality of editor products. Also, we do not specifically know the inner workings of other companies editors. So, I am not sure how we would make Mentor work in that manner.
        Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-19-2006, 11:34 PM.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

But you can always open your editor, work with the files and then save them to the bins to use mentor for the rest of the process. It's just that mentor can't open them for you unless they're DC products.
          Dan McDonald

Comment

Mentor does not have a general purpose facility to use any wave editor, but it will open some successfully. You will have to experiment.

The reason is that different editors handle the command line arguments differenty. When you hit the ADV button, Mentor will execute the following command line:

<Path for Wave Editor> <Wave file name>

It seems like some editors treat need quotes around the <Wave file name> to open it correctly.
            Rick

Comment

Working...
            X