Audio Mentor doesn't see my second CD Writer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Mentor doesn't see my second CD Writer

I have two CD Writers, a I/O Magic DVD/CD writer and a Sony CD Writer. The CD writers pull down in the CD writing menu only gives me the I/O Magic DVD/CD as a choice. DC6 lets me use either one.

Roland

Roland,

Is this occuring when ripping or when trying to burn a CD (or perhaps, both)? My machines only have one drive so that I can determine that here.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Another program may be using it. Check to see that other CD writer programs like Nero or EZ CD Creator are not using it. It may even be a program like Roxio Drag To Disk would keep is busy.

Comment

Abut the second CD drive

I can't see the second drive whent trying to burn a CD. I am using Nero InCD, however, DC 6 makes both drive available for burning.

Roland

Comment

I am a little confused on this one. DC6 does not have a burner routine; Mentor does. DC6 does, however and just like Mentor include a CD ripper. Is that what you meant?

Comment

Yes

Yes, that's what I meant.

Roland

Comment

The only thing that we can imagine is that some other program is using one of the two drives and tying it up. Check that and see. Maybe something is running in background that is using its resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier
                The only thing that we can imagine is that some other program is using one of the two drives and tying it up. Check that and see. Maybe something is running in background that is using its resources.

I have 2 burners on my system and also use Nero. I have the same situation with Mentor; it only recognizes one drive. From my days working on computers, I would also assume that it is the Nero InCD module that is causing the problem, since it essentially is using the drive all of the time for packet burning.

Geebster

Comment

That is what I have seen here as well. When I check for the drive list, I only get drives that are not in use by other programs.
                  Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Geebster
                    I would also assume that it is the Nero InCD module

Well, it isn't just the InCd module, but Nero in General. Nero claims the drives for itself (at least in my computer) and short of un-installing the whole Nero Package I won't be able to pick which drive I use within Mentor. Which isn't a big deal for me, since I would prefer to use a full featured CD authoring software instead of Mentor. But, for those who feel indimidated by the full blown authoring suites, Mentor is a viable option.

Geebster

Comment

Not sure of your logic about Nero

So why is it that I can see or select either drive with DC6?

Roland

Comment

Don't get me wrong, Nero is a very good program, but it has a tendency to claim drives for itself and itself only when it comes to burning. Nero is not the only program however that does this.

If another program is utilizing your recordable drives resources, it will be unavailable within the Mentor program on the drop down list.

Geebster

Comment

I decided to revive this thread to report a POSSIBLE issue as well.

I have tried DC Audio Mentor on 2 of my computers that both have 1 CD writer AND 1 CD/DVD writer. As Roland reported earlier, with both of my machines, Mentor only recognizes the drive on the Primary IDE controller. It doesn't see the second drive.

I have thoroughly removed any other recording software that may conflict with Mentor.

One of my machines has a rather unusual set up that may be causing the issue... I have 1 of the new Serial ATA drives from a controller on the hard drive AND my second drive is a Parallel ATA drive being controlled by a PCI daughter Ultra 133 controller card.

My second computer is more straightforward. It is using a Parallel interface from the motherboard for both drives. However only the Primary drive is recognized by Mentor.

This is a relatively small issue with me as I don't care which drive I record from. But, I thought I would report it just the same as I've recreated the issue with 2 seperate computers.

GB

Comment

GB -

What version are you using right now because I thought that we had fixed that bug by rev 1.3.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier
                              GB -

What version are you using right now because I thought that we had fixed that bug by rev 1.3.
                              Craig-

I just confirmed that I am running ver. 1.3

GB

Comment

Working...
                              X