No announcement yet.

Cassette to CD - How do you do tracks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cassette to CD - How do you do tracks?

OK I'm stumped and have to go to the grind (work). This may have been discussed somewhere but I have transferred a Cassette to 24bit 44.1 .wav I have created dividers and named the tracks. How do you create a CD that is not just one long track? I really appreciate any help. Other than that it sounds fantastic.

After creating your markers, etc., have you actually "chopped the file into pieces"? That command creates individual WAV files for each song, based on your marker placement. One you do that, all you need to do is to use your CD burning software to add each WAV file onto the CD in order.
    John

Comment

also... if it's one long uninterrupted recording, do the 'quantize for CD' before the 'chop file into pieces' - it's the line just above the 'chop file'

And, if that's the case, when you burn the cd, don't put in the two second gap between songs.

If it's a collection of songs (such as a commercial tape or a compilation someone made), then the 'qforcd' or the 2-sec gap won't really make a difference.
      Dan McDonald

Comment

HI Guys,

Actually, Mentor should handle this automatically, though it doesn't reflect until CD Burning.

When you record into Mentor, it automatically splits the file into tracks. You can adjust these tracks by clicking on the Edit File Button after you've recorded in. You can adjust these markers to get them perfect, but Mentor should be pretty close.

After this step, Mentor thinks of this as one file for all of your processing and editing until the very end, where it splits the file back into the tracks you've outlined to burn the CD.

There is a bug in the 1.0 version that if you change the name of the file after you record it in, Mentor would lose the track information.

This will be fixed in an update that we'll be providing you early next week.

As enhancedaudio handles most of the tech support for this product, feel free to contact us directly...717 764 9240 and we'll help you. You can also email us at support@enhancedaudio.com

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Comment

Duhhh - sorry. I usually read and respond to the "new posts" and sometimes the forum it's posted on gets lost (usually in my own brain). I was thinking DC6, but Jeff is absolutely right and when I looked, yep, this was the Mentor forum. Sorry about that...but hey, if you're using DC6, the method I and Dan posted works great.
          John

Comment

Sorry.. I didn't realize it was a Mentor post.

Does Mentor automatically cut on sector boundaries? I assume it does that when it plops them in itself, but will it automatically do it if you adjust the markers?

Just curious. I was in the beta for Mentor, but I don't remember if we ever talked about that.
            Dan
            Dan McDonald

Comment

Dan,

I forget how we handled the sector boundry issue in Mentor. I will have to get back to you on that one.
              "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Originally posted by tracer
                HI Guys,

Actually, Mentor should handle this automatically, though it doesn't reflect until CD Burning.
                Thanks for the help, and very nice to know how to do it with DC-6. However, as far as I can tell I did it the way I was supposed to. I added markers and named the tracks. The cassette had good gaps between songs. I did leave out a possible important piece of information, I did the transfer with xxxxxx in 24 bit 44.1 Converted it to wav and then used Mentor. Please don't throw me out of here if that was a bad word, I'm a nubee.
                Last edited by Craig Maier; 11-02-2006, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tracer
                  HI Guys,

There is a bug in the 1.0 version that if you change the name of the file after you record it in, Mentor would lose the track information.
                  Oh, I did that to. That could be the problem.

Comment

Here is the answer to Dans question regarding the placement of markers at sector boundaries. Version 1.0 does not do that. But, it is not generally an issue since the Mentor burner does not support "Disc at Once"; in other words, the Mentor CD ROM burner adds a short silence between each track.

The next release of Mentor will include a routine to automatically move the markers to the sector boundaries. It will be available shortly.

Note: "Sector Boundaries" is another word for "Quantize for CD Audio", a feature found in the Millennium, DC6 and the Live Forensics versions of the software.
                    Last edited by Craig Maier; 11-04-2006, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, Craig.

Dan
                      Dan McDonald

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier
                        Here is the answer to Dans question regarding the placement of markers at sector boundaries. Version 1.0 does not do that. But, it is not generally an issue since the Mentor burner does not support "Disc at Once"; in other words, the Mentor CD ROM burner adds a short silence between each track.

The next release of Mentor will include a routine to automatically move the markers to the sector boundaries. It will be available shortly.
                        If I get Audio Mentor before the next release, will the "fix" be handled as a patch like other versions of the software? Will the patch be announced on this BBS or will I have to check on the DiamondCut main site?

Side Question: Have there been any issues with other software "burning' packages being on the same computer with Mentor? I mean, will the CD burner portion work OK if also on the same machine there is an installation of say Nero or Roxio?

GB

Comment

The next release is being compiled presently and should be released this week. That means that the bug fixes will be incorporated directly into the shippable version of the product within about a week. A new install will be provided to those who already have version 1.0 DC Audio Mentor meaning that those folks will not have to deal with a patch, but a re-install.

As for Mentor working together with Nero and Roxio, I am not aware of any issues in that regard.
                          Last edited by Craig Maier; 11-06-2006, 05:10 PM.

Comment

As always Craig, thank you very much for the information. I probably won't order Mentor until the new version is ready, so that will be good.

I'm going to test Mentor with one of the other burning packages on the same system. If I have any issues, I'll report them here on the forum.

GB

Comment

Working...
                            X