Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mentor & Live6 Tech Assistance.

Hi,

I recently uninstalled DC6, installed LIVE FORENSICS & pointed MENTOR to LIVE for ADV. Since doing this, Mentor reinstalls itself every time I use it - providing it can access the Mentor setup file. If that file is not available, MENTOR won't install or run.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 06-06-2019, 08:36 PM.
    "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

That sounded vaguely familiar to me; I had thought that I heard about that from Curtis at Tracer some time back.

So, I wrote to him and this is what he reports:

We have seen what we think is this problem. Uninstalling and actually deleting the folder and then rebooting would usually get it working without further ado.

-------------------------------------

If you need more information from Curtis about his experience with it, his number is:

1-717-764-9240
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I think several people had that problem. I had it for a while, then it just went away for some reason.
      Dan McDonald

Comment

Thanks, Craig

I've uninstalled Mentor and Forensics, cleared the registry of all DC applications, then re-installed both, & pointed Mentor towards Forensics for ADV....so far, so good. I'll let you know if the problem re-appears.
        "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

Addendum

Mentor shuts down/re-installs if the demo file is removed from the bins but works when the file is restored....so the demo file cannot be deleted in order for Mentor to behave....interesting.

Comment

I wonder if that means that one of the Bin(s) need to have at least one file therein - - - maybe any file would do.

Comment

Tried that, only the demo file works for me.

Comment

I am just thinking about it. That may be a by product of the security system that we use in the software to prevent piracy - - - but I am not certain. We hired consultants to set that up for us and I am not completely knowledgable of its inner workings.

Comment

Craig,

FYI, for me, this appears to be a Mentor-Live issue only. I had no problems running Mentor with an empty bin & pointing it to DC6....no reinstalls & ADV worked.

Comment

Ahh, it seems like this is a byproduct of the windows installer. I did not realize that it, but it must check for missing files on installation. I need to make that file un-vital
                    Rick

Comment

Working...
                    X