Mentor developments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mentor developments

I was just wondering if DC Audio Mentor is basically a finished product? And if there are any bug-fixes or improvements over time, will the registered owners be notified? Short of downloading and trying the program periodically, I wouldn't know if I am using the latest version. Just curious.

GB
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 06-03-2019, 08:57 AM.

We have been keeping up with Mentor. We have had several updates so far since its introduction and will keep on doing that. Right now, I believe that there are no outstanding bugs/issues that need to be addressed. But if they pop up, they will go onto our todo list.

To find updates for Mentor or any of the Diamond Cut products, check out our website located at:

www.diamondcut.com
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-28-2007, 08:00 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thanks, Craig. Since Mentor installs using the Windows installer, seeing what version you are dealing with is difficult. No biggie, but it would be nice to see what version is available at diamondcut before downloading. Instead of "MentorSetup.msi"; maybe "Mentor_1.xxSetup.msi"? Just a thought.

GB
      Last edited by ; 04-28-2007, 08:42 PM.

Comment

If you click on the "About" function, you will be able to see the revision that you are working with.

Comment

Yes, but that is after the program is installed. What I was talking about is having the installation msi named in such a way that you could tell what version it was before installation. I've installed all the updates since ver. 1.1 and the installation file was always named the same, regardless of what version Mentor it was (MentorSetup.msi). I know.... a VERY minor point.

GB
          Last edited by ; 04-29-2007, 12:57 AM.

Comment

OK - I see what you mean. I will look into that for the future.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Geebster
              ...What I was talking about is having the installation msi... the intallation file was always named the same, regardless of what version Mentor
              I tend to keep all the downloaded update files for my programs in appropriately named subdirectories of a master directory called "My Downloads." A lot of companies use the same name for all update files, and not all of them are as easy to communicate with as Diamond Cut is, so I just rename the files myself after installing them. But, as you suggest, it is nice when you don't have to bother. If you forget to rename, you're stuck with having to look at the date stamps.

HB

Comment

Originally posted by Audyossey
                I tend to keep all the downloaded update files for my programs in appropriately named subdirectories of a master directory called "My Downloads." A lot of companies use the same name for all update files, and not all of them are as easy to communicate with as Diamond Cut is, so I just rename the files myself after installing them. But, as you suggest, it is nice when you don't have to bother. If you forget to rename, you're stuck with having to look at the date stamps.

HB
                That's a great idea for the normal user; but I'm not normal!!!
                With the volume of programs I add and delete daily on my computer, that would be prohibitive. The file itself wouldn't necessarily have to have the version number, but it would be nice to have the version number listed on the download page at least.

GB

Comment

Working...
                X