Audio Mentor on Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Mentor on Vista

Hi, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but a search for "Vista" didn't show up anything.

I'm a little confused. On the Diamond Cut homepage, at the top of the page it states "DC Audio Mentor is fully qualified on Windows Vista". However, when you click on the "More info" link, it lists the System requirements as "Windows XP (Any version). Mentor will not install on Vista yet, but we are working on it. Stay tuned".

One of these two statements must be wrong. Which one?

If it doesn't yet work on Vista, what are the likely timescales? (i.e. do I need to wait a couple of weeks, a couple of months, or longer?)

Neil.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-23-2019, 08:24 PM.

" - - - Mentor will not install on Vista yet, but we are working on it. Stay tuned" is an incorrect statement at this point in time. That problem had been fixed some time back.

So, in summary, Mentor is Vista Compatible. Sorry for the confusion.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Is that also true of the Demo version?

I've tried installing the Demo on two different Vista PCs, and both cases, towards the end of the installation it comes up with an error box which says
      There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

Any assistance appreciated - I'd like to try the demo before I buy the full thing.

Comment

No reply to my previous post... I guess you guys just don't want my business then.

Comment

I do not know what the problem is. Give our support line a call at

1-866-260-6376

The support team has experience with Mentor on Vista.

Thanks.
          Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-28-2007, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Nstead -

Give them a bit of a break - they're working on a beta version of a new release, so it's taking a lot of time. They're actually the most supportive group of people I've ever encountered.

Dan

Originally posted by nstead
            No reply to my previous post... I guess you guys just don't want my business then.
            Dan McDonald

Comment

I ditto that!!! I've worked with computer hardware and software vendors for over 20 years and never have found a more helpful bunch than that of Diamond Cut.

Give 'em a call and you get to a real human instead of pushing buttons for an hour.

GB

Comment

Mentor Download is fixed

We checked into the Mentor download this weekend and found that we had posted the wrong version. Although we had fixed the Vista compability issue some time back, but we forgot to update our website with the latest stuff.

So, it should work fine now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Working...
                X