.wma ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .wma ?

I am converting a bunch of old LP's to CD. When I choose what format to save the .wma file as, I get a list of about 30 different options. Which one is recommended or best?

Thanks
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-21-2019, 09:33 AM.

Does "best" mean highest audio quality or does it mean smallest file size? That is the tradeoff that you are seeing there.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I don't care so much about file size as i do with the quality. I have a terabyte hard drive that i use for all my video and audio stuff. What would get me the best quality?

Comment

Since you have a TByte hard drive and quality is important to you, you should not be using .wma at all. Those formats are all lossy - - - data is thrown out when using them which reduces their quality to a certain degree. You should be storing your files in standard 16 bit, 44.1 KHz .wav format which is non-lossy. I hope that helps you in your decision process.
        Last edited by Craig Maier; 01-04-2008, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I'm kind of new to this program. How exactly would i do that? I don't see it listed in all of the different options, but i may have missed it since there are so many.

Thanks

Comment

The default and native format for Mentor is .wav, so you really do not have to do anything. No file conversions are needed. The final result is in .wav format, so you should be good to go.

Comment

Working...
            X