Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't install Vista Home premium 64-bit

Hi Craig,

Just tried to install Mentor in my new computer and got an aborted install with the following message in a "DC Audio Mentor" pop-up:

"There is a problem with this windows installation package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

The install then aborted without adding the program to the program list, etc.

Dell XPS 420
    Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
    Intel e9500
    4GB

For what its, worth... Integrity and DC7.5 beta2 installed without a problem.

With all you've got on your plate with the Beta I'm sure this is pretty low priority - but thought you and Rick would want to know.

By the way, this is why I haven't been as active with the beta testing - my primary computer died and I've been trying to get the new one up and on our network. I should be "back in the saddle" this week. Happy New Years!
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian; 01-04-2009, 03:13 PM.

Hi Brian,

I assume that it worked on a previous version of Vista? Do you recall what version it was?

Happy New Year to you!

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier
      Hi Brian,

I assume that it worked on a previous version of Vista? Do you recall what version it was?

Happy New Year to you!

Craig
      It was previously installed in XP Pro on a P4 machine - worked fine. My wife has Vist Home Premium 32-bit but I haven't tried installing it on her machine.

Comment

Brian,

Try downloading the version from the Tracer website. It is more up-to-date than the one on our website. Why? Just an oversight on our part. We fixed some things and never got around to posting it with those fixes, but Tracer did.

Let us know if that fixes the problem.

Tracer is at:

www.tracertek.com

Craig

Comment

Thanks - but the link on the Tracer site is broken. It says "click here to download demo" but when you do all that happens is you are redirected back to the home page.

Actually, I was trying to install from Mentor CD I purchased this summer. I'll send an email to Denise and try to download again next week.

Thanks again
          Brian

Comment

Another place to try would be:

www.Enhancedaudio.com

The link to the demo is:

http://www.enhancedaudio.com/audiomentor.htm

Comment

Thanks, the enhanced audio link installed fine. I guess I have a genuine DC software drink coaster CD!
              Last edited by Brian; 01-05-2009, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Craig & Brian:

Thanks for this useful information. I will be receiving my new computer any day now and it will too run in 64 bit. Glad to know what to do ahead of time!

Comment

Yeah, we are always updating things so the shipped disc becomes obsolete quickly! Enjoy the critically acclaimed, decorator designed coaster. And, I would recommend making a disc of the latest "install" version for your archives.

Comment

Working...
                  X