where to download DC Audio Mentor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to download DC Audio Mentor?

Where can I download the latest version of Mentor?
    Don't see it on the Downloads page.

Jos
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-01-2019, 12:08 PM.
    Jos Van Dyck

Hi,

I think that the latest version of Mentor is the original version which you probably have. Or am I incorrect?

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier View Post
      Hi,

I think that the latest version of Mentor is the original version which you probably have. Or am I incorrect?

Craig
      I know there were several versions posted in fairly rapid succession shortly after it's release.

I downloaded a couple of updates after I received my CD. Didn't the original only support 1 optical drive, and later updates added that feature? I know for a fact that there were at least a few updates to the original program.

Wouldn't the DC store have the latest?

Comment

Hi GB,

You may be correct; my memory is failing me on this one. I guess that there may have been some bug fixes early on. But, you are also correct that the shipping version on www.diamondcut.com would be the latest version.

Craig

Comment

Unfortunately, Mentor doesn't appear on the Downloads page
          http://www.diamondcut.com/store/inde...in_page=page_2
          Jos Van Dyck

Comment

Originally posted by ebrjvd View Post
            Unfortunately, Mentor doesn't appear on the Downloads page
            http://www.diamondcut.com/store/inde...in_page=page_2
            It's in the Diamond Cut store
            http://www.diamondcut.com/Downloads/MentorSetup.msi

Download the trial, and plug your user and reg code information into it, to turn it into a full copy
            Last edited by ; 02-25-2010, 12:41 PM.

Comment

I hope someone else can try it, but I was unable to get Mentor to run on my Windows 7 64-bit system. I will try it again and let you know the details, but I'm hoping someone else can try it.
              John

Comment

Originally posted by sus4chord View Post
                I hope someone else can try it, but I was unable to get Mentor to run on my Windows 7 64-bit system. I will try it again and let you know the details, but I'm hoping someone else can try it.
                Same here. I get the following when I try to install Mentor:

Comment

Hi,

I am trying to remember when we wrote Mentor, but it was quite a while ago. We may have to re-visit that given the newer operating system after we release Live/Forensics Audio Laboratory v.8.0.

Craig

Comment

Hi -

Interestingly, Wikipedia shows that Mentor was introduced in July of 2006:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond...toration_tools

That sounds about right to me as I think about it. So, it definitely needs some work to become compatible with Windows 7.

Craig

Comment

Might - Help.

HI TO ALL. it might be possible to use windows 7.... 32bit instead of 64bit..... it helped me ...in my old desktop when i changed over i hope it works for you ????. murray.

Comment

Hi, Murray -

I certainly could use Windows 7 32-bit; however, that would be a complete re-install of everything. I decided to go with 64-bit, because that's how every new computer comes configured now, so I figured I'd need to embrace it sooner or later. Although I haven't put every program through a full stress test, I have found that all but literally just a few applications installed fine in 64-bit and at least show me the initial screen and can do a few basic things. I made sure that I updated all my drivers (video, soundcard, etc), and so far everything is cool, even some very old applications. Mentor, however, was one of the few that didn't work. As I found with another program, it might just be the installer, and so the company sent me a new install program that worked fine with Windows 7 64-bit. So, the the actual application itself may work fine once I get past the installation problem (as Geebster pointed out). DC7.5, however, installs and runs in Windows 7 just fine, though.
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by sus4chord View Post
                          Hi, Murray -

I certainly could use Windows 7 32-bit; however, that would be a complete re-install of everything. I decided to go with 64-bit, because that's how every new computer comes configured now, so I figured I'd need to embrace it sooner or later. Although I haven't put every program through a full stress test, I have found that all but literally just a few applications installed fine in 64-bit and at least show me the initial screen and can do a few basic things. I made sure that I updated all my drivers (video, soundcard, etc), and so far everything is cool, even some very old applications. Mentor, however, was one of the few that didn't work. As I found with another program, it might just be the installer, and so the company sent me a new install program that worked fine with Windows 7 64-bit. So, the the actual application itself may work fine once I get past the installation problem (as Geebster pointed out). DC7.5, however, installs and runs in Windows 7 just fine, though.
                          I'm sure it will be on the short to do list once DC8 is released and stable. I'm willing to wait. More and more programs are fully embracing the 64 bit platform and I'm not going back to 32 bit at this point.

Comment

Working...
                          X