Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating Music Files from Playlist

Group,

I can create playlists from my music using the DC Tunes Library. These playlists can then be used to create CD's of the music. My question is, can I create music (wav or MP3) files from my playlist and write them to an external flash drive ?

Marc

I have created playlists that draw from an external magnetic Hard Drive without issue. I have not tried it with a USB drive, so I can not say for certain.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig,

What I meant was the other way around. I.E. I want to write music files onto an external drive using the playlist in DC Tunes.

I can create a music CD from a playlist, but I want to create music files (wav) in the external drive from a playlist.

Marc

Comment

Marc,

I see. I really do not know. Maybe Rick does; I will ask him to view this thread and maybe he knows the answer.

Craig

Comment

I spoke with Rick about this and it came to a good turn. We decided to make this a feature in the next version of the program by creating a very easy way to do it. Meanwhile, there is a round about method that you can use. If you right click on the playlist and then steer it to the batch file editor, you can run it through the batch to a newly defined end destination (like a thumb drive). If you are starting out with a .wav in the playlist, and you want to keep it as a .wav on the thumb drive, you can batch it through something like the file conversion filter set for something benign like stereo to stereo or mono to mono. Or, if you want to convert it to another file format, you can do that too from .wav to any of those other conversion types found in the batch editor.

Does that help?

Craig

Comment

Working...
          X