Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sync Source and Destination ?

Group,

I do not have time sync between the source and destination. I have the "sync" button on the toolbar pressed, but the files are off. Picture below. What can I do to sync them up ?

Marc

Could be a bug - - - go to the view menu and see if the sync files item is checked. That might be an issue.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig,

In the view menu, the sync option does not use a check box. Rather, the option has a yellow color that is either on or off. The toolbar button and the view pull down for sync seem to work together, but
      my source and destination are NOT in sync when the option is on or off.

I use the classic edit and others using fast edit do not see this bug.

Marc

Comment

I know that I have been confused by the color scheme of the sync button myself. I have a hard time determining if it is on or off, but I thought that was just me. I wonder if the color scheme is poor and that is the root of the issue?

Craig

Comment

The color scheme could be better, but, I tried the feature on and off with the same result...no sync between the source and destination.

Marc

Comment

I tried DC6 (I save most everything!) and the sync works O.K.

Marc
            Last edited by Marc Hildebrant; 11-29-2016, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Another experiment...tried a band pass filter as the operation and the source and destination lined up pretty good. When I use a multifilter with lots of "stuff", the sync is poor.
              Thus, the problem seems to be related to the processing delay caused by whatever you do to the source to make a destination.

A complex multifilter (I have three CNF blocks and various impulse filters) which has a delay seems to get that amount of processing delay into the timing for the destination window.

So, computer speed is a factor and with my current "big" monitor (21 inch) I can now see the delay better between the destination and source.

It's a problem for me with my work as I play the destination and if I hear a problem, I look on the source window to see what noise event my multifilter did not find. If the two don't line up in time, then I can't fix the noise as I can't see it !

Marc
              Last edited by Marc Hildebrant; 11-29-2016, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Does 'rebuilding the peak file' improve the situation?

Craig

Comment

Craig,

The "rebuilding the peak file" does not change the timing.

If I remove the three CNF blocks in my multifilter, the timing is improved between the source and the destination. Does that make sense ?

Marc

Comment

We will have to look into it. Do you know what revision you are using? Is it 10.02 (the shipping version)?

Craig

Comment

Craig,

Marc

Comment

I have experienced something like this before, but it was always "user error," in terms of expecting destination-source to match when I had altered the file in some way so that it can't match (for example, a use of the file conversion filter to delay a channel slightly). Other than that, I haven't seen this issue. I can try to reproduce it if that would help.

Dan
                        Dan McDonald

Comment

Right now, Rick and I are swamped, so any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Craig

Comment

I ran 3 CNF in various modes and 3 impulse filters (one EZ, 2 normal), but can't get any loss of sync. Marc, if you provide the settings as a multi-filter or something, I'm happy to try to reproduce it.
                            Dan McDonald

Comment

Dan,

I have put the multifilter in the forum "preset" location as 78 Preset.
                              On my system, the delay is caused from this preset and is the picture at the first post.

The CNF has 8K/2K/2K

Marc
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Marc Hildebrant; 12-05-2016, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X