"apply" vs. "OK"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "apply" vs. "OK"

If you have the spectrogram open and then edit preferences, if you change a preference, and click "apply," it makes the changes immediately in the spectrogram, but it doesn't let you make additional adjustments (mainly the slider), or put your mouse in specific locations in the spectrogram. If you click "OK" it will do that and then the preferences box will go away.
    ​I am not sure of the purpose of the "apply" button, because "OK" does the same thing, but lets you then rework what you have done.
    ​It seems it might be better if "apply" gave you the changes you just made, but also let you make further changes, before pressing "ok."

​And, just to suggest more work for you guys, maybe in a future version, the amplitude sliders could have a little box that appears when you click on them that tells you the amplitude settings you are moving around. I don't know if that's difficult or not, but it would be helpful sometimes.

Just a couple of thoughts as I start to get back into it.
    Dan
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-26-2019, 10:23 AM.
    Dan McDonald

I am not sure and/or do not remember why it is the way that it is. I asked Rick to look at this question. He may recall.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Dan
      The apply button is supposed to work as you describe and it seems to be working exactly that way in the current versions. Not sure why you are seeing something different.
      The exception is the pallete options which take immediate effect when you change them.

Rick
      Rick

Comment

OK - I will check to make sure I'm updated to the latest version, or if I have some sort of preferences checked that shouldn't be checked.

Thanks,
        Dan
        Dan McDonald

Comment

See if it functions as you expect it to in DCart10, version 10.08 (the shipping version).

Craig
          "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
          X