DCForensics10 running on a Mac via Bootcamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCForensics10 running on a Mac via Bootcamp

I just thought that I would document the fact that a DCForensics10 customer is successfully running DCForensics10 on a Mac computer via something called "Bootcamp".

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-22-2018, 09:35 AM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Bootcamp just provides a Mac with the ability to load multiple operating systems on the Mac, and then select which one you want to load at boot-time. So in order to run Windows applications using Bootcamp, you still need a legal copy of Windows, an appropriate amount of disk space to hold both the Mac OS and Windows, and then you just install Windows to a different partition. When you boot and select Windows, you are actually running Windows just as if you were on a PC. This is possible ever since Apple switched to using Intel processors for the Mac.

This is similar to installing Linux on your Windows machine in a multi-boot environment and then selecting which OS you want at boot time.

I suspect you could also run DCForensics10 using VMWare Parallels (which is really VMWare Desktop for the Mac) in a virtual machine, although there are performance hits doing so versus running the native operating system at boot time.
    John

Comment

Thanks for the details and clarification. Much appreciated, indeed.

Craig
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
      X