DCForensics10.5 Operating on Win XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCForensics10.5 Operating on Win XP

We have received a report from a user that DCForensics10.5 seems to run fine on Windows XP. This was reported on 9-24-2018.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Important note: The customer used a manual registration process, not the built in automatic one.

Craig

Comment

There is a good chance Craig is referring to me, although he noted earlier that someone else in the Forum had done the same thing with DCF10 a while back, apparently with good results. I would like to connect with whoever that party is; might be interesting to compare notes.

For anyone interested, I built this machine in 2004; it runs the XP, SP3 OS. HW includes Intel P4 D865PERL mobo, 2.8GHz Intel P4 single-core CPU, 2GB ram, 80G WD boot disk(cloned regularly), 2x WD 500GB disks in Raid-1 array on Adaptek controller card, 256MB GeForce 5200 video card, and M-Audio Audiophile 192 sound card. By today's standards, that's a pretty lean system. SW includes DCart releases starting with DC6, and Cakewalk Sonar. Until I succeed in getting Win7 installed on fairly new Asus MOBO, this system will have to suffice. For anyone wanting to try this(DCF10.5 on XP), it went perfectly for me except that my IE & Firefox browsers prohibited me from registering online due to age and security certificate issues. Registration was effected manually; nice of them to include this option, and thanks to Craig & Rick, it worked perfectly. I plan to stress-test the machine shortly to find out how far I can push it, but the DCF demo sample and Demo1 samples ran seamlessly yesterday. This XP machine is not placed online for any purpose other than things like this; it is otherwise, and always has been, an offline standalone machine, so security is a non-issue. I do not and never have run virus-protection schemes for a number of reasons most of you know about. \\\ Disclaimer ///: Diamond Cut does not recommend installing DCF10/10.x or DCart10/10.x in an XP environment for (at least) two reasons: (1.) They did not test it in the XP OS environment and cannot vouch for it's performance or stability, and (2.), because the OS is no longer supported with security patches. Anyone planning on putting such a machine online does so at their own risk. I will report stress-test results when available. TechRich

Comment

It works like a charm on XP computer here. Compared to Win7 and up, it seems to work faster.

Comment

Ric,

Thanks for the further affirmation of the compatability between XP and Diamond Cut version 10.x products.

Craig

Comment

Yes, I use version 10.03
            I have tried to install new version 10.05 yesterday, but I couldn't register with my serial number. Has registration system been changed in the last version?

Comment

Ric,

The shipping Forensics version is 10.5, not 10.05. It is an upgrade from the 10.0x series of products and does use a different serial numbering system. You can download a demo version found within this link and there is a sale running on it now.:

https://www.diamondcut.com/st3/product/dcforensics10/

Please note that the Forensics version of Diamond Cut Audio software is quite different than the commercial version.

Craig
              Last edited by Craig Maier; 10-07-2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Ah ok, I have added one zero

Comment

We received a call today that there are issues with the CD/Data Burner when the DCForensics10.xx or the DCArt10.xx family is used with XP. The report indicates that the users optical drive is not recognized by DCArt10.08, yet we know that they are recognized when the operating system is Win7, 8, or 10.

Craig
                  Last edited by Craig Maier; 12-13-2018, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X