Moving Markers across different files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Markers across different files

A customer requested information concerning moving markers from one file to another. He posed the question this way and we responded with two possibilities:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please may I ask for assistance? I would like to know how I can copy markers across audio files? I have two versions of an audio file and the markers are on the second version. I would like to copy them back to the first version. I can't find anything about how to do this operation.
    Thank you very much.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here were our two responses to the inquiry:

Hi,

Two ideas come to mind. One is to use Classic Edit Mode (change from fast edit mode in the edit/preferences by un-checking fast edit enable). Then, place your markers in the source file and process your file through the filters needed. Under the Marker menu, you can find a command 'Merge Source markers into Destination' and they will become present in the destination.

Another idea comes from our R&D manager who says the following about it:

--------------------------------------------------------

Craig

Well we don’t have any officially supported way to do this however I just tried some funny business with the pkf files and I did actually get it to work.

Markers are part of the pkf file and my experiment was to copy the file with the markers over the file without the markers.

There is some funny business in doing this because the timestamps of the files are important but If they are careful it can be made to work.

Rick

Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-05-2021, 08:51 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

I use the "merge markers from source to destination file" often and it works great for me.
    John

Comment

Thanks - that is good to know. Of course you must be running in Classic Edit mode.

Craig
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
      X