Getting Hum w/24 Bit Recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Hum w/24 Bit Recording

I made some 24 bit recordings from LP's tonight. After running EZ Clean, forward & reverse, then CNF which is where I heard a noticeable, low freq. hum while in bypass mode. strangely, I don't hear the hum with bypass turned off. I keep the speakers at a very low volume to avoid interaction with the turntable, so I don't think it's feedback. this is the first time I've recorded in 24 bits & the first time I've gotten hum.
    "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Can you determine what the frequency of the hum is with the Spectrum Analyzer? Is it an AC Power line related frequency or some other value?
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Equipment-related hum

Hi Craig,
      I re-positioned the stylus in the cartridge, tightened the cartridge screws in the shell, & the hum has gone away.
      "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

Hooray!

Originally posted by Lord Theo
        Hi Craig,
        I re-positioned the stylus in the cartridge, tightened the cartridge screws in the shell, & the hum has gone away.
        I love it when fixes are so straightforward. If only all fixes could be so simple.

Doug

Comment

Working...
        X