Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is removed/changed

Hi Folks

I'm new to DCSIX and I wonder whether I can subtract the source from the destination to see what the filter (eg EZClean) actually did to my wave...

Thanks
    Claus

Sometimes "View residue" is present

but I still looks for a general dst = dst-src command.

Comment

In theory, this should do it:

Take the destination file (after making it into the source file with the make destination the source command) and run it through the File Converter Filter (Filter/File Conversions) using the Stereo to Stereo mode with both the L and R invert phase checkboxes checked and both Amplitude Controls set for 0 dB.

Now, copy this file to the clipboard using the appropriate edit command. Lastly, paste add this file to the original file using the appropriate edit command.

The file created should be what you are seeking. Please note that this last step is an "undoable" operation.
      Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-15-2006, 01:19 PM.
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Is this the same thing I get when I "Run" a filter with the "Keep Residue" box accidentally still checked?

Note -- I guess that "Keep Residue" isn't universally available.
        Last edited by cromag; 05-15-2006, 09:35 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Keep Residue does perform this function on most of the simpler stand alone Diamond Cut filters, but for extremely complex filters like the EZ Clean filter, it only partially presents the removed noise signal. The reason for this is the amount of processing CPU required to perform this function might be overwhelming for most machines to perform in real time. Thus, the EZ Clean Keep Residue function is limited to allowing you to hear what the Hiss filter is removing only.
          "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
          X