The best way to clarify vocal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best way to clarify vocal question

I have a very old tape with the discussion between two men which I wanna restore.
    The tape is full of noises (it was recorded in the late '60 ) plus a silent background music from the previous recording I guess.
    Yeah, recording technology in the '60 it was another story then today
    The level of not needed sounds is sometimes higher the the voice.
    Is any method how it can be done with DC6 in the easy way to make it clarifing?
    I'd like to restore this discussion to make it understood.
    Or any preset for such purposes?

BTW, I am gonna say thanx for this forum. It has taken few hours to read all posts but it has been well spent time.
    I gotta say it is amazing resource for information.
    Thanx admins and members for sharing ideas
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-23-2019, 12:25 PM.

The ideal software for audio problems like what you describe is the Forensics version. It contains special adaptive filters which are ideal for situations wherein the S/N approach unity. But, putting that aside, I would do the following if I wanted to use DC6 for that purpose:

1. Run the speech filter preset in the bandpass filter
    2. Run the CNF in Auto Spectrum mode. Just adjust the attenuation for the best clarity of the signal.
    3. Run the VVA Exciter after the other processes are completed if the siblance or consonant sounds are too muted to be heard. This will accentuate those sounds thereby improving the clarity of the spoken words.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-16-2006, 05:39 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Very, very big thanx Craig
      Your help is very appreciated

Comment

DC5 or 6 freeware

craig,
        I am looking for DC5 or 6 forensics freeware can you help me

Comment

I am not sure I understand what you mean. If you want a demo version of the Live-Forensics software, you can find it at:

www.diamondcut.com
          "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
          X