X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Pro Audio preference

How do I add DC6/Forensics to the list of programs to use when I am asked
    what to use to open this WAVE file?
    Every other program is listed but canot find DC6.
    I browse to dc6 and click ok but the wave file is sent to nero.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-23-2019, 11:24 AM.

Try This...

1)right click the wave file & go to properties
    2)click "change" button
    3)click "browse" button & navigate to the DC6 exe file within the Diamond Cut Productions folder, then open it.
    At this point, DC6 should become the default application to open wave files.
    "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

Default wave player

Thanks for the reply. This dose not work, when i select a wave file
      and attempt to change the default player to DC6-Live and brose to dc6 program,click OK Nero is still selected as default player.

DC6 dose not appear in recomended programs or alternate programes, is there any way to change this?

Comment

I've done it

XP Pro DOES allow for default change. Did you right-click the wave file, click properties & change/browse to DC6? I've done so & DC6 opens all my wave files unless I indicate otherwise. DC6 also now appears as an "Open With" option along with Sound Forge, Winamp, etc.
        "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

I can list every player on the computer except DC6.
          File can be opened from source menu in DC6.
          If I click on properties and go to DC6 file will not open in DC6 but some other
          program.XP dose not list DC6 as a registered program.I uninstalled and re installed DC6, did not help.

Thanks for your sugestions.

I have not found any way to even show DC6 in list of programs or sugested programs
          I have browsed to Diamon cut and clicked on DC6 and the file is opened in nero or windows media
          on another computer running XP home I am able to use DC6 and it shows up as the first choise in recomended programs.
          is this a BUG in XP Pro or DC6\Live?
          Last edited by Walter; 05-22-2006, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I can list every player on the computer except DC6.
            File can be opened from source menu in DC6.
            If I click on properties and go to DC6 file will not open in DC6 but some other
            program.XP dose not list DC6 as a registered program.I uninstalled and re installed DC6, did not help.

Thanks for your sugestions.

I have not found any way to even show DC6 in list of programs or sugested programs
            I have browsed to Diamon cut and clicked on DC6 and the file is opened in nero or windows media
            on another computer running XP home I am able to use DC6 and it shows up as the first choise in recomended programs.
            is this a BUG in XP Pro or DC6\Live?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Last

Comment

Originally posted by Walter
              ...I have not found any way to even show DC6 in list of programs or sugested programs...
              Let's walk it through step by step in excruciating detail.
              1. Hold the left Windows key down and press "E." This opens Windows Explorer.
              2. Navigate to any wave file you want.
              3. Right-click on the file name and select "Open with."
              4. Click on the "Browse" button.
              5. Open the folder called "Diamond Cut Productions."
              6. Open "DC6."
              7. Click "DC6.exe."
              8. Click "Open."
              9. Click "Always use the selected..." and then "OK."

Does that do it for you? I think it's Step 4 that you're missing. If you just click "OK" at step 9, DC6 will be added to either the "Programs" or "Suggested Programs" list. I forget which.

HB

Comment

Thanks for your reply

I have tried all of these steps.The problem is that DC6 can not be accessed from the browse function. I can browse to Diamond Cut/DC6 and click with left button,I am returned to sugested programs with Nero ro Windows Media player selected.DC6 is not added to list.

...I have not found any way to even show DC6 in list of programs or sugested programs...

Let's walk it through step by step in excruciating detail.
                Hold the left Windows key down and press "E." This opens Windows Explorer.
                Navigate to any wave file you want.
                Right-click on the file name and select "Open with."
                Click on the "Browse" button.
                Open the folder called "Diamond Cut Productions."
                Open "DC6."
                Click "DC6.exe."
                Click "Open."
                Click "Always use the selected..." and then "OK."
                Does that do it for you? I think it's Step 4 that you're missing. If you just click "OK" at step 9, DC6 will be added to either the "Programs" or "Suggested Programs" list. I forget which.

HB

Comment

I think that the step that is missing is this:

Browse to:

C/Program Files/Diamond Cut/DC6

The key is you need to go to Program Files when browsing.
                  "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I re installed DC6 standard and every thing works fine with this version.
                    DC5/Live works also.
                    Can not add DC6/Live to programs.

I HAVE DONE THIS AND EVERY OTHER WAY THAT USUALLY WORKS.

WINDOWS DOSE NOT SHOW DC6 AS A REGISTERED PROGRAM.

I UN INSTALLED AND RE INSTALLED DC6, DID NOT HELP.

IS IT POSIBLE THAT SOME OTHER PROGRAM IS BLOCKING DC6.

I think that the step that is missing is this:

Browse to:

C/Program Files/Diamond Cut/DC6

The key is you need to go to Program Files when browsing.
                    Last edited by Walter; 05-23-2006, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier
                      ...The key is you need to go to Program Files when browsing.
                      Nope. In the sequence I outlined, the browse function defaults to C:/Program Files.
                      Originally posted by Walter
                      ...I re installed DC6 standard and every thing works fine with this version.
                      DC5/Live works also.
                      Can not add DC6/Live to programs.
                      Is it DC6 Live you're trying to make the default as opposed to DC6? Do you also have DC5 Live installed? Perhaps there's a conflict because you have both versions installed?

HB

Comment

Quoting Audyossey:

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Craig Maier
                        ...The key is you need to go to Program Files when browsing.

Nope. In the sequence I outlined, the browse function defaults to C:/Program Files.

-------------------------------------------------------------

OK. I do not know why this is not working on Walters system.
                        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

The problem is only with DC6/live forensics.
                          I reinstalled DC/5 and it worked
                          DC/6 standard works.
                          DC5 works
                          I uninstalled all but DC6/forensics .
                          Windows dose not show DC6\Forensics as a registered program.

Comment

Walter
                            I have no clue why DCLive6 would be any different than DC6 or DC5.

Are you logged in as an administratior on the PC? Do you have the proper permissions to change file extensions? (Look in the user manager)

Have you tried changing the file association by going to the Control Panel, then choosing Folder Options, then go to the File Types Tab and scrolling down to the Wav extension. You can go about the same procedure there to select DCLive6.exe as the file.

Note: There is a checkbox on the "Open With" dialog that says "Always use the selected program" which should be checked. Others have mentiond this as well.
                            Rick

Comment

Tried all these options, Can not set DC6\Live as default.
                              I browse to programs and select DC6 and am returned to sugested programs
                              but DC6 is not there either windows media ,nero or some other program is selected.This only affects DC6/Forensics, all other versions work fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X