Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching wav files

I have just restored my first tape and I am proud of myself as hell

One idea has come to my mind-maybe I describe the situation to be well understood

During the restoration I have saved a wav file everytime I have used the next filter.
    so my oryginal file has been named

file-0.wav

then after using every filter I have had:

file-1.wav
    file-2.wav
    file-3.wav
    file-4.wav

Of course I have written comments what filter has been used and with which settings.

It has allowed to return few steps back if something has gone wrong or I have decided to change settings because of some reason.

And now the question or idea or just the need for additional software: it wolud be great if I can load two wave files (ex.file-2.wav and file-5.wav) and play them together (I am talking about timing) switching which one should be sent to the speakers.
    In another words: both audio files are "running" but i can choose which one I wanna listen to at this moment.
    It allows to make a fast switching between two audio files what seems to be the best way to compare results used filters and settings.

Can it be done with any software?

Great thanx for reading
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-31-2019, 09:32 AM.

Great minds think alike, Ric. See message number 178 in the "Ideas for Version 7" thread.

Comment

I am happy I am not alone with these needs
      "synchronized" playback
      is a better name indeed
      But such switching or swaping audio (however it can be called) files should be a very helpful feature definitely.
      Maybe authors of DC6 (7) finds it useful too?
      Anyway in the meantime-any software which can do such job?

Comment

Working...
      X