Key Board and 96/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Board and 96/24

Unable to stop or start from key board when recording or playing files recorded using 96/24 using forensics verison.
    I recorded a 14 minute file @ 96/24 and the resulting file was 1hr,14 minutes long and 900 plus MBs. Is this a windows thing or caused by DC6?
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 12-10-2019, 02:57 PM.

Hi Walter,

Here is a test that I ran on Live-Forensics. Maybe you can try to reproduce this test yourself and report back on the results:

Using the "Make Waves" signal Generator I created a wavefile by using the following settings:

Stereo
    Sine Wave
    24 Bit Resolution
    96 KHz Sampling Rate
    1000 Hz
    600 Second Length

After clicking "OK" about 1 minute lapsed and then the file appeared in the Source display area. Using the space bar, I was able to stop and start playback.

I did not try a longer file like your situation (600 seconds is the limit of the Make Waves Generator). But, if you could try to do what I did, that would be a good starting point to diagnose this. Please report back.

Thanks
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 06-09-2006, 02:54 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thanks for the sugestion
      The test worked fine.This seems to be a random problem since it dose not happen with every file.I get a lot of DC6 has run into a problem and must close messages during an extended session where I run several indivudal filters and donot save files after each process.I am using XP PRO,3 Gig dual processor ,1 Gig ram and 250 Gig drive.

Comment

Since that test worked, I am wondering if your sound card may be creating corrupted 24 bit / 96 KHz wavefiles. That might explain some things, but it is just a thought - - - I really am not sure.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X