Voice Print

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice Print

I have two wav files with voices i want to compare to see if they are the same person.
    The words spoken are different.
    What is the best manner to hear / provide documentation to prove these are the same people?
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 06-19-2019, 08:57 AM.

The spectrogram (or spectrograph) is described in your users manual on pages 219 through 222. The performance of voice comparisons is briefly described on page 221 to 222. It is necessary to observe the same words for comparison. "Cue words" are usually used and in English these include comparisons of the following often encountered words:

The, To, And, Me, On, Is, You, I, It, A

The comparison of words on a Spectrogram is somewhat of an art and not an exact science and generally takes an experienced operator to do it properly.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I agree with Craig. Also, whenever possible I recommend that an exemplar recording be made using a signal path as close to the questioned recording as possible. In other words, same location, microphone, equipment, etc, so that any differences that are observed are due to the voices, and not differences in recordings.

Iunderstand that in this case you aleady have the two recordings so you may have to fly "by ear" to try to get them as close as possible

And, it is true that voice identification is an art. I have seen two "experts" on opposite sides of the courtroom look at the same spectrograph, and come to different conclusions.

Good luck

Comment

Thanks

Thanks guys.

Comment

Technical Problem

Hi,
          unable to start a new thread as "new posts" defaults me to the last entry I viewed. is this something to do with the forum or on my end?
          "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

Thanks for the report. We will check it out and I will reply here about what we learn.

Comment

Hi again,

Try using "New Thread" near the upper left had corner of the window.

Comment

Working...
              X