CNF Artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNF Artifacts

restoring an LP, voice only-poetry reading, and getting artifacts(flanging) when applying any level of noise reduction via CNF. Have unsuccessfully tried auto mode and gentle normal cnf.
    "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Give the EZ Clean Filter a try with fairly low settings of the Hiss control slider and see if that helps. If that is not satisfactory, then try the Dynamic Noise Filter.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-02-2006, 08:11 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Did try sampling?

Lord Theo,

Did you try to sample the noise in a silent passage and use that as the noise footprint? What is the characteristics of the noise you're trying to remove with CNF and how prominant is it?

Doug

Comment

Hi Doug,
        I did sample a silent passage while in CNF. I managed to eliminate the flanging by using threshold until red & blue intersected, then used the dynamic noise filter, flanging is now 99.5% gone. The disk was no great shakes to start with, no dynamic range at all. Was able to filter below 150 & above 6k without any change in sound, then punch it up via equalization. I gave my client something much better than she gave me.
        "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

A bandwidth between 150Hz and 6kHz...must be a commerical radio airplay release. ;-)
          Danny Gilbert

Comment

Working...
          X