Willy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willy

I am using DC6/Forensics and a reel to reel tape recorded in the mid 1950s was recorded with the recording volume so high footsteps sounded like sledgehammers, and the recording has a bad echo. All the buzz and other sounds I have managed to eliminate, but the echo effect makes the voices almost unintelligable. How do I eleminate the echo, and make the speaker sound almost normal:
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-13-2019, 08:44 PM.

I would try using the DSS (Dynamic Spectral Subtraction) system found under the Forensics Menu.

If it is a mono tape, use the "Mono DSS with Delay Reference" mode. Start with the Channel Time Offset Slider set to 0 mSec and the Attenuation control set for around 20. Slowly adjust the Channel Time Offset rotary (fine) control for a minimum in the echo effect. Try both directions (+ and - values of time offset) to find the appropriate one. Then adjust the attenuation control for the minimum amount of digital artifacting.

You will not be able to eliminate the echo, but you should be able to reduce it.

----------------------------

Two other filters worth trying which sometimes helps are the Adaptive Filter operating in keep residue mode. This is found under the Forensics Menu. The other one is the Forensics AFDF (Adaptive Frequency Domain Filter) which is found under the Continuous Noise Filter as one of its modes.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 08-14-2006, 10:50 AM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Willy

Thanks. Appreciate your help.

Comment

Willy
        My apologies, I accidentally deleted your user name in my zeal to delete spammers. Could you please re-register. I think you can even use the same name again.
        Rick

Comment

Working...
        X