Click at Beginning and End of Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craig Maier
    See if switching the soundcard preferences to MME drivers corrects this problem.
    Well, that didn't make a difference, but I did figure out the problem. For some reason, if I don't zoom in and do any restorations with the zoom tool, the whole file isn't selected during the restoration process. A few milliseconds of the file isn't treated to whatever processing I perform on the file; and what I was hearing was the noise in the original source file. If I zoom in, and either cut off that little bit of the file, or process the file within that screen, no noise is present in the final file.

I also noticed that the playback meters do flash a bit, no matter what file it plays, but that isn't an indication of noise in the final file. I when I mean flash, I mean exactly that. You don't see a reading on the meters, they just flash white for an instant. The meters before were reacting to that bit of noise left in the file and doing exactly what they should do.

So, now that I know that I must use the zoom tool to ensure the entire file is selected (or simply cut off that wee little bit that doesn't get processed) everything is working fine.

Thanks for your help Craig. At least I know that my sound card is communicating properly with DC6 using the WDM drivers.

GB

Comment

Maybe you just need to double click on the section of the file that you are going to process. That should assure that the entire sector is included in the process to be performed.
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

yes - I always zoom out all the way and double click the file before I process or chop the file because I've made mistakes a lot of times using the classic mode and didn't find them until after I'd chopped the file.
        Dan McDonald

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier
          Maybe you just need to double click on the section of the file that you are going to process. That should assure that the entire sector is included in the process to be performed.

Yep... that works too... And it's much faster and less cumbersome than doing all that zooming/cutting etc.

Thanks again...

GB...

Comment

Working...
          X