Recently...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently...

Recently, a customer tried to find a better audio restoration software as feature rich, flexible and effective as DC Art at any price.

He couldn't. That was me!

Recently, a customer compared his results obtained by using DC Art on a vintage recording to a commercial restoration on a big label CD. He found his results superior. That was me!

Recently, a customer thanked Rick and Craig for all the hard work they've put into their product. That was me!

Doug
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 08-22-2019, 11:53 AM.

Originally posted by DougMac
    Recently, a customer tried to find a better audio restoration software as feature rich, flexible and effective as DC Art at any price.

He couldn't. That was me!

Doug
    Err... That was me too. And I couldn't either. And to that end, I would like to share a short story with you that I told to Craig privately, and I hope he doesn't mind that I share it with the forum.

I tried using another "so called" restoration software product on a project I was working on last night. In short, it was nothing but a nightmare; and when I "thought" I was about done with the project and listened back to what I had done... the program introduced a ton of digital artifacts into the original source to make the end result just about unlistenable. THEN....

I scrapped the whole project, and started from scratch working solely with DC6. I was just amazed how nicely, and simply it allowed me to do the restoration work at hand. It was right then I decided to quit looking for the "holy grail" that doesn't exist..... Well, it does exist, for restoration work that is, and it's called DC6.

GB..

Comment

Hey Geebster

Hope your reply means you plan to stick around.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Last Post
        no longer applies

I hope I personally didn't over-step the boundary myself, but my last post (now deleted) wasn't directed at anyone in particular, but rather particular behaviour that occasionally arrises on the bbs.

I'm glad you have decided to stick around Geebster because I'm sure you will agree, there is no other program like the DC family - Craig & Rick are always here to help and take suggestions onboard, not to mention the many users who are willing to help others like yourself and myself. That is what I think excels DC-Art beyond others in the field, that, and the personal devotion that Craig and Rick provide to all users.
        Last edited by Doug; 08-29-2006, 05:34 PM.
        At work I may look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm actually quite busy

Comment

Yes, I'll stick around..

Like I told Craig in my private apology to him, I am a hot headed Hungarian and sometimes I think too much with my "heart" and not so much with my "brain". And you are so right about the Diamond Cut family of products. Nothing comes even close in the capabilities and results you can acchieve with it.

It wasn't a problem with the product, it was with me! Once I conquered my fears and actually started playing with the product, I soon realized that I was actually having FUN restoring a project.

So, I just hope you all don't think I'm a jerk or anything for needlessly flying off the handle. From the graciousness I have experienced over the last day or so with Craig, I can't say enough good things about him or the company.

And if I ever have a beef again, (which I seriously doubt I'll have) I won't do it in a public forum!

Sorry...

GB...

Comment

Originally posted by Geebster
            It wasn't a problem with the product, it was with me! Once I conquered my fears and actually started playing with the product, I soon realized that I was actually having FUN restoring a project.

So, I just hope you all don't think I'm a jerk or anything for needlessly flying off the handle.
            How I can relate to that...last night this little boy decided to take his motorcycle (CBR250R) for a spin (being new to the game in the last week) - forgot to remove the front wheel lock and took out the speedo cable!

only had it a few days...just goes to proove that we all have lapses of judgement .
            At work I may look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm actually quite busy

Comment

Originally posted by Geebster
              So, I just hope you all don't think I'm a jerk or anything for needlessly flying off the handle.
              GB...
              Nope.

From what I've read, you're an interesting guy. Someone that adds to the community.

I'm glad things have worked out. More importantly, I'm glad that the software is helping.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by DougMac
                Nope.

From what I've read, you're an interesting guy. Someone that adds to the community.

I'm glad things have worked out. More importantly, I'm glad that the software is helping.

Doug
                Thanks. And indeed it is! You don't realize what a marvelous piece of software it is until you try using something else. Then, you KNOW how good it really is. Heck, I'm even starting to restore old albums in my collection that I thought I would never restore, just to get more hands on time with the product.

GB..

Comment

Working...
                X