Read the Manual!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read the Manual!!

I have to admit to everybody, that I was the "dummy" that Craig was referring to about "recently a customer..."

Now, after spending a couple of good hours absorbing myself in the manual of DC6, I feel like a jerk! About 90-95 percent of things that are brought up in this forum are nicely explained in the manual, if we would only take the time to read it!!

After taking the time to actually READ some of the information contained in it, I had a completely enjoyable time restoring a project last night with DC6 and can say with confidence, that there isn't a program out there that can do what DC6 does and quite effortlessly too. But, it isn't going to do the restoration for you. You have to learn the program and with the Good DC6 manual beside you, it is a pretty painless process.

GB..
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 01-07-2020, 08:49 PM.

Hi, Geebster -

Good to see you back and posting on the forum.

Yes, the DC6 user's manual is wonderful. I've read through it many times and always learn something new and there's still plenty for which I don't have a clue what they're talking about, but I get the gist and I can twirl knobs and push buttons with the best of them, even if I'm not doing it right. The presets help me get close and also usually give me a better idea about what's going on with each of the settings.
    John

Comment

Originally posted by sus4chord
      Hi, Geebster -

Good to see you back and posting on the forum.
      Thanks so much. After "spouting" off and being completely in the wrong, not knowing what I was talking about... I was VERY hesitant to come back and post. But, with kind words like yours, it makes it a whole lot easier.

GB..

Comment

For the first couple of weeks after upgrading to DC6 whenever I would drive my kids to scouts, dance, horseback riding, etc., I would bring the manual and a notepad with me to become familiar with the product, and note down interesting points that looked promising for various problems I had.

I did like DCart32, but I really like DC6's manual!

Comment

The DCArt10.62 and the DCForensics10.62 user's manuals can be found here (about 650 pages):

http://www.diamondcut.com/Downloads/...s%20Manual.pdf

It was posted April, 2020.

Craig
          "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Welcome back Geebster! Had not heard from you in several years and wondered if you were still around.

I noticed in your post you are using DC-6? I still have your copy of DC-7 somewhere around here, but will need to find as I am preparing to move in the spring - I'd be more than happy to send it back to you. I also have your M-Audio Delta sound card handy and would ould like to return it to you as well. I have DC8.5 in my new computer with an ESI Julia card and have no need for them.

I got a lot of use out of them and really appreciated your allowing me to use them! Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X